5 Ways to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
Increasing energy efficiency can save you money and hassle. You will encounter fewer breakdowns in equipment and energy bills will decrease as you waste less electricity. Here are 5 ways you can make your home more energy efficient:
- Install a smart home system. Smart thermostats can analyze your energy usage and optimize your HVAC system to save energy and money while heating and cooling your house efficiently. They can even detect when you’re not home and stop the system from running.
- Seal windows and doors completely. Open doors and windows disrupt airflow and make your AC work harder to heat/cool your home.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs. Rather than incandescent light bulbs, try CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs) or LEDs.
- Insulate your attic. Adding insulation to your attic can seal air leaks and make it easier for your AC to heat and cool, saving energy.
- Start a preventive maintenance program. Quarterly preventive maintenance and HVAC tune ups can detect and prevent breakdowns before they happen, saving you precious energy and money. Call Express Refrigeration today if you’re interested in starting preventive maintenance for your home.
If you are looking to make your home more energy efficient and just don’t know where to start, call Express Refrigeration in Sacramento today! We will take a look at your equipment and customize a plan to save you money!